This agreement is entered into between MASSIVE 3PL., a licensed ICC Property Broker, MC-093757
hereinafter referred to as Broker and the Company Name / MC Number entered into the form below,
hereinafter referred to as Carrier.
Broker is a Licensed Broker of general commodities and is engaged in the business of negotiation
and conducting the transportation of regulated commodities in interstate commerce over public highways;
Carrier is engaged in interstate commerce, transporting general commodities as a Motor Contract Carrier
under operating rights issued by the Interstate Commerce Commision.
Now, therefore, in consideration of mutual covenants and promises hereinafter set forth, the parties
agree as follows:
- The terms of this contract shall be valid for a period of one year and will automatically be renewed
for one year periods unless canceled. This contract may be cancelled by either Broker or Carrier
upon thirty (30) days advance written notice given by the terminating party to the other. Any
notice of termination shall be deemed to have been given as of the date on which it is sent to the
other party by registered mail.
- Carrier is a contract carrier and the transportation services it is providing Broker herein are
those of a contract carrier and not a common carrier. Whether or not a Carrier is authorised to
operate, or does operate, as a common carrier, each and every shipment tended to Carrier by Broker on
or after the date of this Agreement shall be deemed to be a tender to Carrier as a motor contract
carrier and shall be subject only to the terms of this Agreement and the provisions of law applicable
to motor contract carriage hereunder.
- Pursuant to the above authority, Carrier provides specialized contract carrier services designed to
meet distinct needs of Broker as defined in 49 CFR *1053.3. These specialized services include,
but are not limited to, negotiating and implementing rates on the spot, providing multiple stops in
transit, developing flexible rate packages tailored to individual shipper requirements, furnishing
qualified drivers experienced in handling shippers' freight, picking up freight on short notice,
delivering freight at scheduled times, providing specialized equipment on short notice, and closely
coordinating all services and communications with Broker personnel.
- Broker has the right to offset any invoices owed to carrier, in the event of any loss on another
- Broker shall perform all billing, invoicing, and collection services to or with respect to customers
whose property is transported by Carrier pursuant to this agreement.
- Broker agrees to pay Carrier for the transportation of authorized commodities under this agreement
in accordance with effective schedules upon receipt of the Carrier's freight bill and signed delivery
receipt free and clear of exceptions covering such transportation and any other documents specified as
necessary at the time of dispatch such as, but not limited to, certified weight tickets, etc.
Payment shall be made within thirty (30) calendar days after the receipt of stated documents.
- Carrier shall indemnify and hold harmless Broker. Carrier shall be liable for all loss, damage
or liability caused by the transportation of property arranged by Broker while being transported by
Carrier. The foregoing provisions are to be applied solely with respect to the allocation of
liability between Carrier and Broker, and shall not be deemed to affect any rights or defenses with
either of them have against any other party.
- Carrier shall utilize equipment which meets and complies with all applicable standards of the US
Department of Transportation and all local, state and federal safety regulations. Carrier shall
be in compliance with and meet all state regulations; from all boards, agencies and commissions; in
the state or states in which Carrier chooses to transport the shipment.
- It is mutually understood and agreed that the relationship of Carrier to Broker is and shall remain
solely that of an independent contractor, that neither party is authorized to act for or in any manner
represent itself as an agent of the other or to conduct or enter into any agreement for or on behalf
of the other party and that neither party is authorized to use the formal name or any business name,
trademark, or service mark used by the other party or by any company with which the other party is
- This contract may not be assigned by either party hereto without the prior written consent of the
- This contract contains the entire contract between the parties and no amendments or additions hereto
can be made except by written instrument executed by both parties.
- This agreement covered by the laws of Texas . If any provision of this contract is determined
to be contrary to the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the
validity of any other terms of condition named herein.